Subject: Re: bug#11315: 24.1.50; Emacs 24 Hangs [Related to gnutls and lisp_data_to_selection_data]

From: [email-masked] (Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:08:12 +0200

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'll take a look, but in the meantime could you try with the 24.0.96
> pretest at
>
>  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/

Umm, my emacs is reporting itself as

GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1

should I got back to 24.0.96?

> Could you run Emacs in gdb, preferably with an unoptimized build, and
> try getting another backtrace?  Please start from the Emacs src/
> directory, so that you get a Lisp backtrace in gdb instead of just a C
> backtrace.

I already rebuilt emacs without optimizations and awaiting for the
hang.

Thanks for your help,
Emilio

Some more data: the hang happens always with gnutls on, in several
machines in both 32 and 64 bit versions. Frequency: about twice a week.