Subject: Re: bug#11315: 24.1.50; Emacs 24 Hangs [Related to gnutls and lisp_data_to_selection_data]

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 17:25:16 +0800

[email-masked] (Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias) writes:

> Oh well, the hang happened again :(, using a patched emacs. The pattern
> seems the same: some kind of exception occurs, then the exception
> handler hangs in gnutls cleanup, who was spanned by the gnus mailreader.
>
> I have installed the gnutls debug libraries. Should I build emacs
> without optimization and try again?
>
> Some advice? I'm not an expert in Emacs debugging and right now I cannot
> spend a lot of time dwelling into the etc/DEBUG file.

This second backtrace you posted doesn't seem to be the same as what you
had before.  It would help to figure out what Lisp code is being run.

Could you run Emacs in gdb, preferably with an unoptimized build, and
try getting another backtrace?  Please start from the Emacs src/
directory, so that you get a Lisp backtrace in gdb instead of just a C
backtrace.

Thanks.