Subject: Re: bug#11312: 24.1.50; allout widgets mode bug when deleting text from header

From: Ken Manheimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 17:23:08 -0400

Sorry it's taken a while to get to this. The behavior Christopher reported
is a bug, which is fixed by the patch attached to this message.

Christopher, please note that the intended behavior is that you are
prompted to dissuade you from editing the bullet character. If you elect to
change it manually, that change will not actually affect the bullet, and
the next time the item is decorated (like, after it's hidden and then
exposed) then the character you manually edited will be changed back.

Generally, you could instead deactivate allout-widgets-mode and edit the
topic bullet that way. Unfortunately, there's another bug which misses
"undecorating" the first topic in the buffer, if it's at the start of the
buffer. I've submitted a separate patch to rectify that:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=42218.

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 8:40 PM Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [Please include the bug tracker in the Cc-list when you reply, so the
> message gets archived and others can follow the progress.]
>
> Ken Manheimer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I'll try to take a look soon.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas
>