Subject: bug#11311: closed (Re: bug#11311: 24.1.50; Emacs crash on Windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 23:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11311: 24.1.50; Emacs crash on Windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11311: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11311
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11311: 24.1.50; Emacs crash on Windows
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 01:16:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 22:41,  <[email-masked]> wrote:

> gnutls.c:204: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: STRINGP (Fget (Qgnutls_dll,
> Cloaded_from))

Yes, (get 'gnutls :loaded-from) returns now a cons, not a string.

Should be fixed in the trunk (revno:108013).

    Juanma

Subject: 24.1.50; Emacs crash on Windows
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:51:12 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After type 'M-x gnus', Emacs crashed and displayed an error box on
Windows:

Error signature
appName: emacs.exe  AppVer 24.1.50.0  ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5755     Offset: 0000120e

Doing the exact same thing (with the same setup, except for what is in
anything new/different in lisp/gnus) Emacs 24.0.95 does not cause a crash.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
e:/emacs-24.1.50/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-04-20 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 107968 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp949
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message derived format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
nnheader gnus-util gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils advice advice-preload pager
w3m-search w3m help-fns browse-url doc-view easymenu jka-compr dired
desktop image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl
ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util wid-edit w3m-wget server
easy-mmode cl edmacro kmacro paren time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button
faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)