Subject: bug#11308: 24.1.50; More completion confusion

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:22:50 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> M-x find-library RET isearch.e
>
> Put point at bol (i.e. on/just before the `i') and hit TAB.  You get
> (only) the completion isearch.elc.  And point is not moved to eol: it
> stays where it was.
>
> Or put point on `.' - same thing.  But quicker - when point is on the
> `i' it takes a while.
>
> But putting point on or after the second `e' gives isearch.el as the
> only completion.  Likewise, point on the `h', the `c', the `r', the `a',
> and the `s'.
>
> But first complete with point at bol (on `i'), then remove the final
> `lc' and move point to the `s'.  TAB then completes to isearch.el, as
> before, but this time with the message [Complete but not unique], which
> was not shown before with point at the same place (on `s').

Yes, that's pretty confusing...  I get pretty much the same as you do,
but not quite.  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no