Subject: bug#11298: 24.0.95; (WISH) Re-look scratch buffers

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:42:36 -0700

> > But I don't see any `C-x b' scenario that leads to 
> > confirmation being required, if the option has the
> > default value of `after-completion'.
> 
>    % emacs23 -Q
>    C-x b foo TAB RET
> Asks for confirmation here.

Yes, in Emacs 23.3, it does act as you describe:

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'

But it does not here (Emacs 24 latest build, `emacs -Q'):

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-04-23 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108006
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'