Subject: Re: bug#11297: 24.1.50; `report-emacs-bug': help, TAB

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 20:39:31 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. Since Emacs 23, TAB in the bug-reporting buffer is bound to
> `message-tab'.  Before that it was bound to `indent-for-tab-command'.
>
> The doc string of `message-tab' really should say what `TAB' does in the
> typical case where it is pressed in such a buffer.

Fixed on trunk.

> 2. All of the information we provide to users about writing a bug report
> should be consolidated in the same place.  Some is now in the separate
> little `*Bug Help*' buffer that is popped up (why?), and some is in the
> message buffer itself (why?), even though it does not get included in
> the message that is sent.

The stuff that's in the separate buffer is help that should be visible
during the entire bug reporting editing session, while the stuff in the
buffer itself it just stuff you should read through.  So I think this
makes sense.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/