Subject: bug#11292: 24.1.50; xesam.el not loadable

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 05:46:33 +0200

Hi,

xesam.el is not loadable.  Just try it.

It's because of this expression:

(defvar xesam-mode-map
  (let ((map (copy-keymap special-mode-map)))
    (set-keymap-parent xesam-mode-map widget-keymap)
    map))

which refers to `xesam-mode-map' before it has been defined.  I guess
it should be

(defvar xesam-mode-map
  (let ((map (copy-keymap special-mode-map)))
    (set-keymap-parent map widget-keymap)
    map))

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
 of 2012-04-17 on zelenka, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20120417-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11104000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2''