Subject: bug#11270: closed (Re: bug#11270: input)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11270: 23.4; Emacs ignores input

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11270: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11270
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11270: input
From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
To: Łukasz Michalik <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:01:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2012-04-22, at 12:44, Łukasz Michalik <[email-masked]> wrote:

> For any lonely soul out there finding this report: I've been pointed
> that the above is a result of a bug in gtk+, so either disable that
> option or upgrade to 24.x which apparently isn't affected.
>
> This bug may now be closed.

Hi all,

I'm closing this because apparently nobody did it before.

Best,

-- 
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl/en

Subject: 23.4; Emacs ignores input
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:42:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I try to run emacs 23.4 in a x86 chroot remote ssh shell, with -nw
although emacs is compiled with X support.  After frame is initialized
and target file loaded, emacs ignores any input.  I can kill it from
another shell, and see that everything I typed is displayed in shell
below usual "Terminated".  Following advice given in #emacs@freenode I
tried running with -Q, -q, without loading bash profile/rc, with clean
environment, using different terminals and different TERM settings to no
avail.  I tried stracing, and after each keyboard stroke I see

 --- {si_signo=SIGIO, si_code=SI_KERNEL} (I/O possible) ---
sigreturn()                             = ? (mask now [])

in the log and nothing else.