Subject: bug#11265: closed (Re: bug#11265: 24.0.94; gdb-mi very slow on Windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 13:48:04 +0000

Your bug report

#11265: 24.0.94; gdb-mi very slow on Windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11265: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11265
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11265: 24.0.94; gdb-mi very slow on Windows
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Karl-Heinz Schneider <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 14:46:55 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Karl-Heinz Schneider <[email-masked]> writes:

> >This was 7 years ago.  Are you still seeing this on a modern version of
> >Emacs?
>
> I think you can close this issue. I even don't use Emacs anymore for C++ coding these days. I even forgot about it, sorry.

Thanks for reporting back; closing the bug now.  If anyone else is
seeing this, please reopen the bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 24.0.94; gdb-mi very slow on Windows
From: Karl-Heinz Schneider <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:21:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I use Emacs for C/C++ development on Windows XP. Since update to Emacs
24.0.94 I discovered that debugging with gdb-mi is very slow.

Right after starting debugging performance is ok, but after a while
using the debugger (adding breakpoints, removing breakpoints setting
conditions, etc...) becomes very very slow.

After a while Emacs is consuming 100% of CPU power for a while just
for typing a single character into the gdb-buffer (not sending it to 
GDB).
GDB commands like "next" or "step" take then several seconds until
all buffers are refreshed.