Subject: Re: bug#11248: Problems with article search Keys in Summary

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:23:01 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> These are the article search key bindings in `gnus-summary-mode-map':
>
>   "\M-s" gnus-summary-search-article-forward
>   "\M-r" gnus-summary-search-article-backward
>   "\M-S" gnus-summary-repeat-search-article-forward
>   "\M-R" gnus-summary-repeat-search-article-backward
>
> I want to make the proposal to move the first two to something
> different, maybe C-S and C-R.

`C-s' is a very useful command.  None of the commands under `M-s' seem
particularly useful in the summary buffer.

> But it becomes worse: If a minor-mode (like icicles-mode indeed does)
> adds bindings to the M-s prefix in its minor-mode-map, the minor
> mode binding shadows M-s in the gnus-summary-mode-map, so that
> `gnus-summary-search-article-forward' is unreachable with keys!  You
> have to call it with M-x.  Bad.

Are there any icicles-mode commands that are useful in the summary
buffer?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen