Subject: bug#11248: Problems with article search Keys in Summary

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:58:04 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Are there any icicles-mode commands that are useful in the summary
>> buffer?
>
> Icicles uses M-s M-s as a prefix for all its several search commands -
> no doubt some of them could indeed be useful in the summary buffer,
> e.g. M-s M-s l (`icicle-search-lines') or M-s M-s M-s
> (`icicle-search-generic').
>
> But that's not my point.

But that's my point.  If the icicles commands aren't useful in the Gnus
buffers, then switching icicles on in those buffers is the wrong thing
to do.

> There are lots of people that use both Gnus and Icicles.  And for all
> of them, currently `gnus-summary-search-article-forward' is by default
> not reachable by any key in the summary buffer, and thus e.g. not
> "discoverable" with C-h b or C-h w.
>
> Of course I'm open to other suggestions than mine, but IMHO this binding
> conflict should be solved in one way or another.

Well, `M-s' isn't going to change in Gnus.  It's been that way forever.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen