Subject: bug#11242: 24.1.50; Switching to rmai view buffer

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:18:09 +0800

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> It's neither one.  It's done by this code.
>
>     ;; If there is an Rmail buffer, return to it nicely
>     ;; even if this message was not started by an Rmail command.
>     (unless return-action
>       (dolist (buffer (buffer-list))
> 	(if (eq (buffer-local-value 'major-mode buffer) 'rmail-mode)
> 	    (setq return-action `(rmail-mail-return ,newbuf)))))

This code is wrong; the NEWBUF should not be passed to
rmail-mail-return, it should be the BUFFER variable in the loop.  I've
committed a fix.

BTW, having code in mail-bury to specially handle Rmail buffers is kinda
ugly.  This probably needs to be folded into the quit-window mechanism,
somehow.  In the first place, I'm not even sure it's appropriate to
redirect the user to an Rmail buffer if the mail command was not started
from Rmail.