Subject: Re: bug#11239: aclocal-invocation

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:35:40 +0200

Hi Karl.

On 04/13/2012 11:36 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Regarding automake.texi in 1.11.4.  The whole point of the "Individual
> utilities" section is to have an entry for the actual command names.
> 
> I can understand the rationale of changing the "individual" automake to
> automake-invocation, since the whole package is also named Automake.
> However, there is no package named "aclocal", so can we again not have
> the "-invocation" there, please?
>
I'd rather have consistency here, and keep the "aclocal-invocation" name.

Also, "info aclocal" seems to do the correct thing on my system anyway,
even with the current naming:

  $ info aclocal

  File: automake-1.11.info,  Node: aclocal Invocation,  Next: ...

  6.3 Auto-generating aclocal.m4
  ==============================

  Automake includes a number of Autoconf macros that can be used in your
  package (*note Macros::); some of them are actually required by
  Automake in certain situations.  These macros must be defined in your
  `aclocal.m4'; otherwise they will not be seen by `autoconf'.

So the current naming is not even an inconvenience for the users of the
command-line info reader.

I'm thus closing this bug as "wontfix".

Regards,
  Stefano