Subject: Re: bug#11237: 23.3; option word-wrap not saved or at least not used on next emacs invocation --text follows this line--

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 18:25:14 +0100

"e.c." <[email-masked]> writes:

> Options > Line wrapping in this buffer > Wrap at window edge and then
> save options will not set up window edge line wrapping in future
> sessions.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got no response at
the time.)

Well, the option is "in this buffer", and looking in the code, it's not
saving this option at all, so I'm not able to reproduce this bit (in
Emacs 28):

> (word-wrap nil) is written to the custom-set-variables section
> of .emacs but the default visual line mode is always used instead.

So I think everything here is working as designed -- the other options
that are saved are global options, and not "this buffer" options, so I'm
closing this bug report.  If there's anything further to be done here,
please respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no