Subject: bug#11237: 23.3; option word-wrap not saved or at least not used on next emacs invocation --text follows this line--

From: "e.c." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:41:55 -0500

From: [email-masked] (Ed C.)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.3; option word-wrap not saved or at least not used on next
emacs invocation
--text follows this line--

*******
Options > Line wrapping in this buffer > Wrap at window edge and then
save options will not set up window edge line wrapping in future
sessions. (word-wrap nil) is written to the custom-set-variables section
of .emacs but the default visual line mode is always used instead.
I can get the behavior I want by writing (global-visual-line-mode -1) to
the end of my .emacs instead. Shouldn't this be what is done if the user
effectively wants the default to be window edge wrapping when Save for
future sessions is chosen in Cuscomize?
**********

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/emacs/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<switch-frame> <menu-bar> <buffer> C-a <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar>
<file> <Open Recent> <c:/mydocu~1/morglex.txt> C-x
1 <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <f7> s
e v e n <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> ; SPC - -
SPC h u n d r e d SPC s e p t i n g e n t i <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading time...done
Loading gnus...done
Loading iswitchb...done
Loading pc-select...done
Loading recentf...done
Loading paren...done
Loading c:/emacs/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
non-existent agenda file ~/org. [R]emove from list or [A]bort?
org-check-agenda-file: Abort

Load-path shadows:
c:/emacs/site-lisp/htmlfontify hides c:/emacs/lisp/htmlfontify
c:/emacs/lisp/progmodes/sym-comp hides c:/emacs/lisp/obsolete/sym-comp
c:/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/lucid hides c:/emacs/lisp/obsolete/lucid
c:/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/lmenu hides c:/emacs/lisp/obsolete/lmenu
c:/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/levents hides c:/emacs/lisp/obsolete/levents
c:/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-compat hides c:/emacs/lisp/obsolete/cl-compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug org-agenda org byte-opt warnings
bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline outline server
paren recentf tree-widget pc-select iswitchb gnus gnus-ems time battery
desktop delsel cus-start cus-load message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils smtpmail sendmail mule-util cal-move
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs remember ange-ftp regexp-opt comint ring
hfyview easy-mmode easymenu htmlfontify tex-site tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)