Subject: Re: bug#11232: automake-1.11.4 regression

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:42:09 +0200

Hi Dmitry, thanks for the report and the fix.

On 04/13/2012 12:22 AM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
>
> [PATCH] install: fix the case then an install directory is a shell command
>
> Fixes automake bug#11232.
>
> GNU automake used to support shell commands in installation directories,
> but it was inadvertently broken by commit v1.11-759-g368f1c4 where shell
> quoting of generated MKDIR_P command was changed from double to single
> quotes in 3 places, while some 21 other places still use double quotes
> for generated MKDIR_P commands.
>
> * lib/am/data.am: Use double quotes for generated "mkdir -p" commands.
> * lib/am/libs.am: Likewise.
> * lib/am/ltlib.am: Likewise.
> * tests/install-pr11232.test: New test.
> * tests/list-of-tests.mk (handwritten_TESTS): Add it.
>

I'd like to apply your fix ASAP (so that it can be in automake 1.11.5),
but your patch complete with the test case does *not* qualify as small
enough to be applied without a copyright disclaimer to the FSF.  Do you
have such a disclaimer already in place?  If not, I'll apply only the
bugfixes provided by your patch without the testcase, since such a change
is small enough not to require legal paperwork.

Thanks,
  Stefano