Subject: bug#11230: 24.1.50; VC doesn't handle internal errors?

From: Deniz Dogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:53:43 +0200

On 2012-04-12 19:44, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Deniz Dogan wrote:
>
>>      nil                  Bazaar has encountered an internal error.
>
> Your bzr is broken. Obviously vc-dir cannot work with this.
> It is a bug in bzr. Emacs shows you the error from bzr (maybe not in the
> nicest way), so that you can fix it. What else do you think Emacs should
> do about this?

Bazaar works just fine from the command-line for all repositories for 
me.  When I do vc-dir on a Git repository, it reports no errors.  When I 
do vc-dir on another Bazaar repository (not Emacs related), I get the 
same error as in this bug report.

This leads me to believe there's a bug in vc-bzr.el or at least room for 
improvement.  I feel that Emacs should at least be able to display the 
entire error message in a readable fashion and not just assume the 
operation worked.