Subject: bug#11213: closed (Re: bug#11213: 24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 05:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11213: 24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11213: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11213
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11213: 24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:35:39 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

OP here.  Closed.

Subject: 24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:37:38 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?

The impression I get is that color themes are session-specific and I am
wondering whether it is possible to load a theme just for a particular
buffer (or a mode). [1]

Context:

ODT exporter uses htmlfontify.el to export source blocks with some fancy
colors.[2] The implication is that an ODT file created out of an Org
file (with src blocks) will look and feel differently based on
individual user's font lock settings.  If there was/were a way to
activate a theme on per-buffer basis, then I would like to use it within
the ODT exporter.

Not a bug per-se.  Just a wish.

Footnotes: 
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2011-10/msg00329.html

Same request as this bug report.  But from an independent source.  It
went unanswered.

[2]  http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9914