Subject: bug#11213: 24.0.95; (Maybe/Wish): Should color-themes be buffer local?

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:02:01 +0530

Hello Chong

> Jambunathan K <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> ODT exporter uses htmlfontify.el to export source blocks with some
>> fancy colors.[2] The implication is that an ODT file created out of an
>> Org file (with src blocks) will look and feel differently based on
>> individual user's font lock settings.  If there was/were a way to
>> activate a theme on per-buffer basis, then I would like to use it
>> within the ODT exporter.
>
> Your description is not too clear, but I guess what you're trying to say
> is that you want the htmlfontified output to use some standard set of
> faces, independent of the user's face settings.  

You have understood me correctly.

> Probably the best way to do that is to set up face remappings in the
> to-be-exported buffer.  See the Face Remapping node in the Lisp manual
> for details.

Given a(ny) theme, let's say "adwaita-theme.el", can someone give me a
recipe which runs through all the face definitions defined in that theme
file and hand it off to `face-remapping-alist'.

I don't see any references to remap in cus-face.el and I think it will
take sometime for me to "massage" face definitions in a theme file in to
a form that is understood by `face-remapping-alist'.  I hope such a
massaging is possible.

Again, any ready to use recipe is most welcome.

Jambunathan K.