Subject: bug#11210: Windows emacs 23.4.1: scroll-conservatively > 0 results in multiple cursors being displayed after scrolling

From: Bill Meier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 01:07:51 -0400

On 4/10/2012 5:37 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
>
> Summary: OK in 23.3; NG in 23.4 & 24.0.95
>

Update:

With a little bisecting (doing builds from a local copy of the the emacs 
bazaar repository), I've determined that revision 100582 (which was 
became part of the 23.4 release) is the one that results in the change 
in behavior (artifacts) on my system.

em $bzr log -v -r 100582
------------------------------------------------------------
revno: 100582
committer: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
branch nick: emacs-23
timestamp: Sat 2011-05-21 10:56:45 +0900
message:
   * dispnew.c (scrolling_window): Don't exclude the case that the
   last enabled row in the desired matrix touches the bottom boundary.
modified:
   src/ChangeLog
   src/dispnew.c

----------------------------------------------------------------

Re:

 > I would suggest to try to modify the hardware acceleration level of
 > your video adapter.  On XP, you can get there by right-clicking on the
 > desktop, selecting "Properties", then clicking on the "Setting" tab,
 > then "Advanced", and then click the "Troubleshoot" tab.  Try lowering
 > the hardware acceleration level there.

Apparently disabling graphics hardware acceleration on Windows 7 isn't 
so easy: in fact, I haven't yet found a way.  I'll keep looking.