Subject: 24.0.95; wrong use of defface for tooltip

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:22:42 +0200

The definition of tooltip face is actually shown in customize buffer as
a lisp form which is wrong IMO.
Please fix it:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff --git a/lisp/tooltip.el b/lisp/tooltip.el
--- a/lisp/tooltip.el
+++ b/lisp/tooltip.el
@@ -135,8 +135,7 @@
      :background "lightyellow"
      :foreground "black"
      :inherit variable-pitch)
-    (t
-     :inherit variable-pitch))
+    (t (:inherit variable-pitch)))
   "Face for tooltips."
   :group 'tooltip
   :group 'basic-faces)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.0.95.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-04-02 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-rsvg' '--without-gconf'
 '--with-wide-int''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  display-battery-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-dired-mode: Enable helm completion in Dired functions.
Bindings affected are C, R, S, H.
This is deprecated for Emacs24+ users, use `helm-mode' instead.
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> C-< <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-M-SPC M-w 
C-< M-( C-y <right> : SPC n e w <return> C-< <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-M-SPC M-w C-< 
M-( C-y <right> : SPC s h o w SPC i n f o s SPC o n 
SPC m o d e SPC a n d SPC e x t e r n a l SPC c o m 
m a n d s . <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> <C-M-down> 
<C-M-down> <C-M-down> C-c C-c C-x c q <tab> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <return> <down> <return> 
C-x C-f <left> <up> <up> <right> M-> C-g C-x c q <down> 
<return> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
q q C-_ C-x C-s C-x c q <down> <tab> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <return> <down> <return> C-x C-f 
<left> <up> <up> <right> M-> <up> M-! <return> C-u 
C-x C-f <return> M-> M-! <return> C-x V b <down> <down> 
<down> c M-x <down> <down> <down> <return> M-> <up> 
<return> <return> M-x <return> M-> <return> <up> <up> 
<up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <down> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-c C-c q M p q M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
Imported git patch from /home/thierry/labo/emacs-helm/patch-r2878 [2 times]
Loading /home/thierry/.dvc/dvc-bookmarks-properties.el (source)...done
 [4 times]
Saving file /home/thierry/labo/emacs-helm/.git/DVC_EDITMSG...
Wrote /home/thierry/labo/emacs-helm/.git/DVC_EDITMSG
committing "all files" in /home/thierry/labo/emacs-helm/
git commit finished
pushing to: [email-masked]:emacs-helm/helm.git
xgit-push <master> to <[email-masked]:emacs-helm/helm.git> finished

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/emacs-helm-extensions/helm-descbinds hides ~/elisp/emacs-helm/helm-descbinds
~/elisp/org-active/contrib/lisp/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.95/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/elisp/org-active/contrib/lisp/org-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.95/lisp/org/org-odt
~/elisp/org-active/contrib/lisp/org-lparse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.95/lisp/org/org-lparse
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.95/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug xgit-log-edit dvc-bookmarks make-mode helm-ring
cl-specs edebug helm-command flow-fill gnus-html gnus-gravatar gravatar
smiley gnus-bcklg mailalias smtpmail qp url-http url-auth url-gw cal-iso
tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config diff sendmail dvc-cmenu dvc-about
dvc-version time-stamp mail-extr canlock newcomment gnus-cite epa-mail
gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder netrc gnutls
network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-dired nnir gud helm-elisp helm-eval
animate vc-rcs tabify org-table vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate
dvc-annotate xgit-log dvc-revlist xhg-dvc bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core
xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode align-let server battery undo-tree slime-xref-browser
slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl image-file newsticker
newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker
newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex pcomplete-extension em-term term
ehelp electric pdbtrack whitespace paren time mime-w3m mime eword-decode
mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20
pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe w3m-load avoid help-mode view
savehist gnus-async nntp markdown-mode org-google-weather google-weather
url-cache googlecl google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org
iedit rect zop-to-char mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product
elscreen smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse
pcvs-info pcvs-defs pcvs-util mb-depth ioccur cl-info slime hyperspec
slime-autoloads ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util tex-site
auto-loads esh-toggle flymake eldoc-eval eldoc no-word regex-tool
dired-extension emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client
emms-lastfm-scrobbler parse-time emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer
emms-info emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher add-log
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
face-remap org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler
bookmark-extensions bookmark pp init-helm-thierry helm-mode helm-files
org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
image-dired tramp tramp-compat format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap
thingatpt helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-plugin helm-locate
helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-buffers rx helm-elscreen
helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils helm-descbinds helm
helm-ipython ipython python-mode info-look compile executable shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring helm-delicious xml helm-mercurial xhg
xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log xhg-core dvc-diff uniquify warnings
dvc-fileinfo dvc-unified dvc-tips diff-mode dvc-core dvc-lisp
dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs
dvc-site dired-x dired regexp-opt helm-config edmacro kmacro epa-file
epa derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache usage-memo eev-thierry iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl
w3m-wget info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997