Subject: bug#11203: gawk, automake 1.11.4 and tcc

From: Aharon Robbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 15:38:43 +0300

Hello all.

When I try to use tcc to compile gawk, I have problems after the initial
run of make.  I have just moved the gawk-4.0-stable branch of gawk
to using automake 1.11.4.  I then run things like this:

	CC=tcc ./configure && make

This goes fine.  However, any subsequent makes fail. For example:

$ rm main.o ; make
make 'CFLAGS=-g -DARRAYDEBUG -DYYDEBUG' 'LDFLAGS=' all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/d/home/arnold/Gnu/gawk/gawk.git'
Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/d/home/arnold/Gnu/gawk/gawk.git'
main.c \ :
/bin/bash: ./main.c: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 126
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/home/arnold/Gnu/gawk/gawk.git'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/home/arnold/Gnu/gawk/gawk.git'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would someone kindly investigate? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Arnold