Subject: bug#11203: gawk, automake 1.11.4 and tcc

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:19:02 +0200

tags 11203 - moreinfo
tags 11203 + notabug
close 11203
thanks

On 04/09/2012 10:54 AM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
>
> I cannot reproduce this error with the gawk 'master' branch
>
But I can reproduce with what you have committed to the 'gawk-4.0-stable'
branch (sorry for missing that part in your previous message).  And the
reason is that you've *not* completely updated your build system to
automake 1.11.4 -- in particular, the 'depcomp' script is still the one
provided by an older automake (it is *six*  years old!):

 $ ./depcomp --version
 depcomp 2006-10-15.18

I'm thus closing this report as "not a bug".  Feel free to re-open it if
the problem persist after you have truly and completely upgraded to the
use of automake 1.11.4.

And FWIW, to avoid issues like this in the future, I'd advise you to stop
committing generated (or automake-provided) files into the git repository
of gawk (like is done by many other GNU packages).  If you *really* don't
want to do so, remember to run automake with the '--force-missing' option
whenever you upgrade to a new automake version.

HTH,
  Stefano