Subject: bug#11194: 24.0.95; sudo rm doesn't work with absolute directory paths on the file system

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:35:57 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> And, btw, people who don't like the current behaviour are free to add
>
> alias sudo *sudo $*
Most people use such an alias because eshell/sudo is not working with
commands where files are not involved 
e.g "eshell/sudo uname -a" or "eshell/sudo fdisk -l" etc...

==> ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: Connection refused

Using default-directory instead of
/sudo:user@localhost:<default-directory> (which use ssh port 22!!!!)
fix it

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(let ((default-directory (if (string= host "localhost")
                             default-directory
                             (format "/sudo:%s@%s:%s" user host dir))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But maybe I missed something?

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997