Subject: bug#11181: 24.0.94; `save-buffers-kill-terminal' interaction and `save-some-buffers' doc

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 18:25:19 -0700

The prompt from `save-buffers-kill-terminal' lists the keys you can use,
but it does not say what they do.  That's OK, except it should at least
point out that `C-h' gives you more help.
 
C-x C-c runs `save-buffers-kill-terminal', which calls
`save-buffers-kill-emacs', which runs `save-some-buffers'.  It's not too
obvious which function to check the doc of for more info.
 
The `save-some-buffers' doc (both doc string and Elisp manual) does
not say anything about hitting `C-h' and some of the the other keys
you can use.  It should.
 
But the main thing is to point out in the prompt that more help is
available with `C-h'.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-03-19 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'