Subject: bug#11153: change automake branching policy: dispensing with the 'branch-X.Y' branches in the future

From: Peter Rosin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:55:51 +0200

On 2012-04-04 11:50, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 12:01 AM, Peter Rosin wrote:
>>
>> [SNIP]
>>
>> I'll try to explain what I mean again...
>>
>> I think we should do exactly as you describe above.  However, for the
>> class of changes that are related to the actual release from maint
>>
> Changes which, actually, consist just in *bumping a version number* in
> NEWS and in the AC_INIT invocation in configure (in our current setup
> at least).

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree then.  I just know that I hate those
version conflicts in other (proprietary) git repos I'm using.  But since
I'm probably not going to have to deal with it anyway, I guess that as
long as you're happy with it, I'm sure it's going to work out..

BTW, your log of the maint branch in git.git does not show how they
handle the version merge conflicts (or if they merge maint into master
at all, I have zero knowledge of how git uses their maint branch).

Cheers,
Peter