Subject: 24.0.94; NS variant crashes on PPC Mac OS X 10.4.11, Tiger

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 00:45:05 +0200

Hello!

Very reliably this variant can be built, but it crashes at launch  
time. This can be a local issue with a LucidaSans-Typewriter font.  
Launching the NS variant with -Q makes it stop and report that this  
font can't found, so I started to debug as if launched normally. When  
it crashes a new window opens, showing xfaces.c (Bzr-107490) with an  
arrow in the fringe pointing to line #4841:

	if (! EQ (face->font->props[i], def_face->font->props[i]))

Since the debug output contains binary characters I saved it as raw- 
text to a file, which I am attaching here:

Konfiguration was with: ./configure --without-sound --without-dbus -- 
without-pop --without-gconf --without-gpm --without-gsettings -- 
without-gif --without-jpeg --without-png --without-rsvg --without- 
tiff --without-xpm --with-wide-int --with-ns --disable-ns-self- 
contained --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/ 
include --enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application\ Support/Emacs/ 
calendar24:/Library/Application\ Support/Emacs CFLAGS="-g -H -pipe - 
fPIC -fno-common -O0 -mfused-madd -mmultiple -ftree-vectorize - 
mpowerpc-gfxopt -maltivec -faltivec -mabi=altivec -mcpu=7450 - 
mtune=7450" CPPFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t"  
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/sw/ 
lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/share/pkgconfig:/usr/ 
lib/pkgconfig

Compiler was Apple's GCC 4.0.1. The crash happens at the same spot.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Remember: use logout to logout.