Subject: bug#11131: 24.0.94; Apropos bookmarks

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:56:49 +0530

Please provide an ido-like completion read for C-x r b. 

Please provide a convenient default for C-x r m.  You can work out the
details.

Some context:

As a developer, I used to use cscope to browse C code.  Whenever I jump
to a symbol definition using cscope, I had a small hook which would
automatically set the bookmark at the function definition, with the
bookmark name given by the which-function or the symbol that I looked up
in the first place.

/very long time back/, I had used one of the completion packages
(icomplete?, pcomplete?, mcomplete?) to enable ido-like completion for
bookmark names.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-03-19 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'