Subject: bug#11128: 24.0.94; doc of `custom-apropos-options'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:48:03 -0700

The doc is wrong wrt a prefix arg.  Using a prefix arg does not show you
only variables (including those that are not user options).  It shows
you all matching customize objects (options, faces, and groups) plus all
matching non-customizable variables.  This command is not about variables, if
you use a prefix arg.
 
In addition, it is redundant to say "customizable options".  All options
are customizable, by definition.  This latter problem is present in
`customize-apropos' as well as `customize-apropos-options'.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-03-19 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'