Subject: RE: bug#11126: 24.0.94; `customize-apropos' does not seem to work for a list of words

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:50:05 -0700

This backtrace shows where the problem is.

Debugger entered--returning value: nil
  string-match("\\(emacs\\|avoid\\).*?\\(emacs\\|avoid\\)" "avoid")
* (if (string-match apropos-regexp (symbol-name symbol)) (progn (if (get symbol
(quote custom-group)) (push (list symbol (quote custom-group)) found)) (if
(custom-facep symbol) (push (list symbol (quote custom-face)) found)) (if (and
(boundp symbol) (eq (indirect-variable symbol) symbol) (or (get symbol (quote
saved-value)) (custom-variable-p symbol) nil)) (push (list symbol (quote
custom-variable)) found))))
* (when (string-match apropos-regexp (symbol-name symbol)) (if (get symbol
(quote custom-group)) (push (list symbol (quote custom-group)) found)) (if
(custom-facep symbol) (push (list symbol (quote custom-face)) found)) (if (and
(boundp symbol) (eq (indirect-variable symbol) symbol) (or (get symbol (quote
saved-value)) (custom-variable-p symbol) nil)) (push (list symbol (quote
custom-variable)) found)))
* (lambda (symbol) (when (string-match apropos-regexp (symbol-name symbol)) (if
(get symbol (quote custom-group)) (push (list symbol (quote custom-group))
found)) (if (custom-facep symbol) (push (list symbol (quote custom-face))
found)) (if (and (boundp symbol) (eq (indirect-variable symbol) symbol) (or (get
symbol (quote saved-value)) (custom-variable-p symbol) nil)) (push (list symbol
(quote custom-variable)) found))))(avoid)
* mapatoms((lambda (symbol) (when (string-match apropos-regexp (symbol-name
symbol)) (if (get symbol (quote custom-group)) (push (list symbol (quote
custom-group)) found)) (if (custom-facep symbol) (push (list symbol (quote
custom-face)) found)) (if (and (boundp symbol) (eq (indirect-variable symbol)
symbol) (or (get symbol (quote saved-value)) (custom-variable-p symbol) nil))
(push (list symbol (quote custom-variable)) found)))))
* (let (found) (mapatoms (\` (lambda (symbol) (when (string-match apropos-regexp
(symbol-name symbol)) (\, (if (not ...) (quote ...))) (\, (if (not ...) (quote
...))) (\, (if (not ...) (\` ...))))))) (if (not found) (error "No %s matching
%s" (if (eq type t) "items" (format "customizable %s" (if (memq type (quote
...)) (symbol-name type) "items"))) pattern) (custom-buffer-create
(custom-sort-items found t custom-buffer-order-groups) "*Customize Apropos*")))
  customize-apropos(("avoid" "emacs") nil)
* call-interactively(customize-apropos t nil)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)