Subject: Re: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 21:17:04 +0100

Jorge Adriano Branco Aires <[email-masked]> writes:

> Problem:
> Emacs+Auctex doesn't work properly in KDE (or more precisely kwin).
> Any access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize,
> making it smaller.
>
> Current work around:
> There is a known workaround right now, which is to set kwin to disobey
> geometry restrictions for emacs, in its advanced settings. But of
> course most users will have no idea what to do when affected by this
> strange behaviour.
>
> Related:
> KDE bug report (set to RESOLVED FIXED of KDE's end).
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252314

If I understand you correctly, this is a bug in KDE which has since
been fixed?

If this is a bug in Emacs, is this still an issue on a modern versions
of Emacs?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas