Subject: bug#11113: [Tristan Miller] Re: bug#11113: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 18:19:52 -0400

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 12:34:41 -0500
Subject: Re: bug#11113: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode
 triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin)
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,
 Jorge Adriano Branco Aires <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>

Greetings.

On 2019-12-01 01:51, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> More information was requested, but none was given within 4 weeks, so
> I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
> email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
> bug report.

This issue is still reproducible for me on an openSUSE Leap 15.5 system
running the following:

Emacs 29.3
KDE Plasma 5.27.9
KDE Frameworks 5.103.0
Qt 5.15.8

As noted upthread, the problem was previously reported as a kwin bug on
the KDE issue tracker at <https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252314>.
A fix to kwin was applied in 2011, nearly immediately followed by a
regression, followed by another fix in 2013, followed by another
regression in 2020.  I have been able to reproduce the problem
consistently since 2020.  Today the KDE developers have decided that the
bug is a problem with Emacs, not kwin, and have closed their bug report.

Could an Emacs developer please have a look at the KDE bug report and
determine whether there's anything in Emacs itself that can or should be
fixed?  I can provide further information if necessary and/or help test
a fix.

Regards,
Tristan

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                   Tristan Miller
Free Software developer, ferret herder, logologist
              https://logological.org/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------