Subject: bug#11113: closed (Re: bug#11113: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 07:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11113: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11113: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11113
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11113: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin)
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Jorge Adriano Branco Aires <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 08:51:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jorge Adriano Branco Aires <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Problem:
>> Emacs+Auctex doesn't work properly in KDE (or more precisely kwin).
>> Any access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize,
>> making it smaller.
>>
>> Current work around:
>> There is a known workaround right now, which is to set kwin to disobey
>> geometry restrictions for emacs, in its advanced settings. But of
>> course most users will have no idea what to do when affected by this
>> strange behaviour.
>>
>> Related:
>> KDE bug report (set to RESOLVED FIXED of KDE's end).
>> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252314
>
> If I understand you correctly, this is a bug in KDE which has since
> been fixed?
>
> If this is a bug in Emacs, is this still an issue on a modern versions
> of Emacs?

More information was requested, but none was given within 4 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 23.3; Access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize in KDE (Kwin)
From: Jorge Adriano Branco Aires <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:57:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Problem:
Emacs+Auctex doesn't work properly in KDE (or more precisely kwin).
Any access to the mini-buffer in auctex mode triggers window resize,
making it smaller.

Current work around:
There is a known workaround right now, which is to set kwin to disobey
geometry restrictions for emacs, in its advanced settings. But of
course most users will have no idea what to do when affected by this
strange behaviour.

Related:
KDE bug report (set to RESOLVED FIXED of KDE's end).
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252314

J.A.

-------------

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.7)
 of 2011-10-30 on build17
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod'
'--with-kerberos' '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim'
'--enable-autodepend' '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share'
'--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x' '--with-sound' '--with-sync-input'
'--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png'
'--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus' '--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk'
'--x-includes=/usr/include' '--x-libraries=/usr/lib64:/usr/share/X11'
'--with-xft' '--with-libotf' '--with-m17n-flt'
'--build=x86_64-suse-linux' 'build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux'
'CFLAGS=-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g
-D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable
-Wno-unused-label -Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
-DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 	 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 '
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/jadrian/.cabal/share/Agda-2.3.0.1/emacs-mode/agda2.el
(source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/haskellmode-emacs/haskell-site-file.el
(source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna byte-opt sendmail ecomplete rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils warnings emacsbug
help-mode view font-latex bytecomp byte-compile tex regexp-opt advice
help-fns advice-preload easymenu scala-mode-auto agda2 xfonts rmailgen
paren mouse-sel thingatpt preview-latex tex-site auto-loads ispell lpr
disp-table tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)