Subject: 24.0.94; (void-function make-local-hook): Update NEWS maybe?

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:17:21 +0530

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function make-local-hook)
  make-local-hook(kill-buffer-hook)
  dictionary-mode()
  dictionary()
  dictionary-ensure-buffer()
  dictionary-new-search((nil . "!"))
  dictionary-lookup-definition()
  call-interactively(dictionary-lookup-definition t nil)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)

Library is file ~/elisp/dictionary-1.8.7/dictionary.elc

I understand that this is a third party library and possibly no longer
maintained. (See http://me.in-berlin.de/~myrkr/dictionary/download.html)

I see the following reference to `make-local-hook' in NEWS but it
doesn't help much.  

,---- C-h n
| * Incompatible Lisp Changes in Emacs 24.
| make-local-hook (not needed),
`----

Any workaround I can put locally in dictionary?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-03-19 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'