Subject: Re: bug#11103: 24.0.94; (error "Can't activate input method `dev-aiba'")

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 00:56:22 +0530

>> Quick look suggests that language-info-alist (right after emacs -Q and
>> no intervening commands) continues to refer to "dev-aiba".
>
> Mine doesn't. 

Ok.

> You need to rebuild Emacs to pick up the change. Did you do that? 

No. I wasn't aware of it. It's all new to me.

> You need to get leim-list.el regenerated. I don't know the minimum
> steps needed for that, so, as always, I suggest bootstrapping.

I rely only on binaries. I have not built Emacs at all and I don't want
to build one.

>> As a result when I do, C-x C-m l Devanagari, the `default-input-method'
>> picked up is "dev-aiba".
>
> I get devanagari-aiba.

Check your fix in. Once Christopher Scholtes makes available a new
binary build, I will update the status of this bug. Meanwhile Rustom
might have also made his opinion on whether he wants aiba or itrans by
default.

Jambunathan K.