Subject: bug#11102: 24.0.94; C-x C-c from a client frame sometimes kills the whole Emacs process

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:37:59 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 18:33:39 +0800
> 
> The issue which Dani and Juanma were talking about is a separate one:
> for a graphical Emacs on Windows, "emacsclient -c -n foo.txt" ought to
> create a new frame with a `client' parameter, so that C-x C-c exits
> Emacs instead of closing just that frame.

Now I'm completely confused: didn't you say that "C-x C-c" should
_not_ exit Emacs in this case?

> That is the intended behavior, which is also the behavior on
> GNU/Linux when there is a graphical display available.  I think the
> patch I posted earlier should DTRT for Windows, if you or Juanma can
> try it.

Why does it make sense to have "-c -n" behave differently from "-t -n"?
Isn't this terribly confusing for users?  AFAIU, these two are variants
are otherwise very similar to each other: they both reuse the current
frame on the same terminal where the server is running.