Subject: 24.0.94; C-x C-c from a client frame sometimes kills the whole Emacs process

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:56:18 +0200

Hi,

Here's a recipe:
0. emacs -Q
1. M-x server-start

>From some terminal:
2. emacsclient -c -n some-file

On the new Emacs frame just created:
3. C-x C-c

--> Expected behavior: The new frame is deleted, but not the server frame [1].
--> Observed behavior: Both frames are deleted (i.e. the whole Emacs process).

BTW, if I omit "some-file" in step #2 (so that the new frame shows the
*scratch* buffer), the observed behavior is the expected one.

--- Footnotes: ------

[1] Quotation from (info "(emacs)emacsclient Options"):

     If you type `C-x C-c' (`save-buffers-kill-terminal') in an Emacs
  frame created with `emacsclient', via the `-c' or `-t' options, Emacs
  deletes the frame instead of killing the Emacs process itself.  [...]

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-03-23 on DANI-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.4.10 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.6'

-- 
Dani Moncayo