Subject: bug#11102: 24.0.94; C-x C-c from a client frame sometimes kills the whole Emacs process

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:11:38 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 19:45, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It most probably is.  Juanma, could you take a look, please?

A little after current_frame is forced to 0 on Windows (in the -c / -t cases):

#ifdef WINDOWSNT
  /* Emacs on Windows does not support GUI and console frames in the same
     instance.  So, it makes sense to treat the -t and -c options as
     equivalent, and open a new frame regardless of whether the running
     instance is GUI or console.  Ideally, we would only set tty = 1 when
     the instance is running in a console, but alas we don't know that.
     The simplest workaround is to always ask for a tty frame, and let
     server.el check whether it makes sense.  */
  if (tty || !current_frame)
    {
      display = (const char *) ttyname (fileno (stdout));
      current_frame = 0;
      tty = 1;
    }
#endif

there's this bit of code (non-WINDOWSNT-specific):

  /* --no-wait implies --current-frame on ttys when there are file
     arguments or expressions given.  */
  if (nowait && tty && argc - optind > 0)
    current_frame = 1;

which causes the bug. I'm not sure I understand the logic after that
code, and even less sure it makes sense on Windows. WDYT?

    Juanma