Subject: Re: bug#11095: [PATCH] Re: bug#11095: 24.0.94; hi-lock-face-buffer/unhighlight-regexp': Augment?

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:55:54 -0500

> This is the behaviour I am expecting.  This is what I
> circulated in etc/NEWS entry.

>     *** Unhighlighting command (`hi-lock-unface-buffer') now un-highlights
>     text at point.  When called interactively with C-u, removes all
>     highlighting in current buffer.

Oh, right, I had forgotten about that.  Indeed, the default regexp
choice had a bug and a misfeature.  Should be fixed now.

> We seem to be talking too much but not taking a moment to understand to
> each other.

I generally have many conversions in flight at the same time, so it
really helps if you repeat more of the context.  E.g. making it clear
whether you're talking about a regression, an old bug, a request for
a new feature, a reminder for god-knows-what, ...

> You reply, but with no effort on your part to understand what I
> am saying or showing you.

I'm sorry you feel I'm not making enough efforts.  Maintaining Emacs
takes a lot of time, so please bear with me and try to help me
understand faster by giving me as many details as possible.
For example, often sending a short patch of code is a good way forward,
or a *precise* recipe telling what happens and what should have happened
instead (I assure you I won't be offended even if some parts are too
obvious).

        Stefan