Subject: Re: bug#11091: 24.0.94; emacsclient -t

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:01:26 +0200

>> > If it is unable to connect to a graphical display, and on
>> >  systems, such as MS-Windows, where it cannot create graphical frames
>> >  when started from a text-only terminal, Emacs creates a new text-only
>> >  terminal frame (@pxref{Frames}).
>>
>> It's unclear from that in which terminal will be created the new
>> text-only frame (whether on the current one or on the server one).
>
> I added "on the same terminal where it was started".

Sorry but, IIUC, that is correct only on MS-Windows, No?  i.e., on
other systems like GNU/Linux (if there's no graphical display
available) the new text-only frame will be created on the current
terminal.

If I'm right, the above paragraph would need yet another tweak.

>> :(  I still wonder what was wrong with my version.
>
> It was too wordy.

I disagree :).  IMHO my version explained all the corner cases in a
clearer an shorter way.  But as I said I respect your criterion, as
your experience and knowledge in far higher than mine.

Thanks.

-- 
Dani Moncayo