Subject: bug#11091: 24.0.94; emacsclient -t

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:49:02 +0200

>> The manual currently has many of such explanations, e.g., in that same
>> info node "(emacs)emacsclient Options":
>
> You're right. Could you please send a patch?

What about this one?

=== modified file 'doc/emacs/misc.texi'
--- doc/emacs/misc.texi 2012-01-19 07:21:25 +0000
+++ doc/emacs/misc.texi 2012-03-26 22:43:36 +0000
@@ -1503,13 +1503,16 @@
 precedence.

 @item -c
-Create a new graphical frame, instead of using an existing Emacs
-frame.  Emacs can create a graphical frame even if it was started in a
-text-only terminal, provided it is able to connect to a graphical
-display.  If no graphical display is available, Emacs creates a new
-text-only terminal frame (@pxref{Frames}).  If you omit a filename
-argument while supplying the @samp{-c} option, the new frame displays
-the @samp{*scratch*} buffer (@pxref{Buffers}).
+Create a new graphical frame if possible, instead of using an existing
+Emacs frame (@pxref{Frames}).  If no graphical display is available,
+Emacs creates a new text-only terminal frame.
+
+On MS-Windows, if the server is on a text-only terminal, it's not
+possible to create a new frame outside that terminal, so a new
+text-only frame is created there.
+
+If you omit a filename argument while supplying the @samp{-c} option,
+the new frame displays the @samp{*scratch*} buffer (@pxref{Buffers}).

 @item -F @var{alist}
 @itemx --frame-parameters=@var{alist}
@@ -1592,11 +1595,15 @@
 @itemx --tty
 @itemx -nw
 Create a new Emacs frame on the current text-only terminal, instead of
-using an existing Emacs frame.  Emacs can open a text-only terminal
-even if it was started in another text-only terminal, or on a
-graphical display.  If you omit a filename argument while supplying
-this option, the new frame displays the @samp{*scratch*} buffer.
-@xref{Buffers}.
+using an existing Emacs frame.
+
+This is not possible on MS-Windows.  So, if the server is on a
+graphical frame, a new graphical frame is created, and if the server
+is on a text-only terminal, a new text-only frame is created in that
+terminal.
+
+If you omit a filename argument while supplying this option, the new
+frame displays the @samp{*scratch*} buffer (@pxref{Buffers}).
 @end table

   If you type @kbd{C-x C-c} (@code{save-buffers-kill-terminal}) in an

-- 
Dani Moncayo