Subject: Re: bug#11083: guile-2.0.5 bug report

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 20:35:46 -0400

Kiyoshi KANAZAWA <[email-masked]> writes:
> I analysed the problems.
> (1) Why can not link libguile-2.0.so.22
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 is not set correctly.
> I changed "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to "LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64" in all the files
> in guile-2.0.5, and found libguile-2.0.so.22 can be linked.

This is a libtool issue.  See:

  http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.bugs&article=7988

> (2) About Segmentation Fault
> This seems to be  same to
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guile/2011-03/msg00111.html>.

This is the first time Guile is run during the build process, therefore
there is no evidence that these two problems are related.

> I do not know why it occurs only with -m64 option.
> (I have no problem with -m32).

Presumably something is broken for 64-bit builds on Solaris 10.  I
suggest using a debugger to find out where the segfault is happening.
Can you please run 'meta/gdb-uninstalled-guile' within the build
directory and show us the backtrace when it segfaults?

    Regards,
      Mark