Subject: bug#11076: bug-gnu-emacs gateway to gnu.emacs.bug broken?

From: Jim Diamond <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:45:49 -0300

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 22:55 (+0100), Michael Albinus wrote:

> Jim Diamond writes:

>>> No. I do it via news.gmane.org, which works pretty robust.

>> Thanks for the pointer.  I've been trying that web site for hours (on
>> and off) and unless they are being hit with a DOS attack today, I find
>> them unusably slow (firefox is timing out repeatedly).

> It isn't a web site. This is
In fact, they do have some web pages explaining themselves, and those
were repeatedly timing out yesterday.  They seem to be healthier this
morning.

>> And still, part of the issue is that (like a few other radicals,) I
>> much prefer reading mailing lists / newsgroups with a news reader.
>> Perhaps you are telling me that news.gmane.org support NNTP, but since
>> I can't get to them, I can't try to find out for sure.

> It is the NNTP server. My gnus settings contain

> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")
> 				      (nntp "news" (nntp-address "news.gmane.org"))))
Hmmm... I'm not a gnus fan, but thanks for the code.  Off the top of
my head, I don't think I can convince my news reader to use two
different NNTP hosts at "the same time", but it's worth taking a list.

Cheers.

				Jim