Subject: Re: bug#11076: bug-gnu-emacs gateway to gnu.emacs.bug broken?

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:35:41 -0400

Jim Diamond wrote:

> My news provider hasn't had any updates to gnu.emacs.bug in a while,
> and I see there are none at google groups either.
>
> Is the gateway temporarily broken?

For some value of "temporarily".
It is a general problem with the GNU mail:news gateway.
Nobody here at Emacs can do anything about it.
I know it has been reported to the sysadmins at least three times over
the past few months, but I haven't seen a reply. It actually has gotten
worse, in that in used to just be broken in the direction news->mail.
Now it seems to be broken in both directions.
It's far from the first time this has happened. It seems to be difficult
to make these gateways work.

For bug-gnu-emacs, I suggest you just forget that gnu.emacs.bug exists.
Reporting bugs via news is discouraged anyway. You can read it via gmane
if you want, as has been said.

For other lists, eg help-gnu-emacs, it is a PITA, since we effectively
have two separate versions of them.