Subject: bug#11075: 24.0.94; Arabic character composition

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:01:20 +0100

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:44:01 +0100, Joost Kremers <[email-masked]> said:
>
>> Although Emacs 24 has bidi support (yay!), character composition for
>> Arabic does not work for me on OS X. (In the Arabic script, each
>> character has different forms depending on its position in the word:
>> beginning, middle or end. These shapes should be selected
>> automatically by the software, but they are not.)
>
> The NS port doesn't support text shaping.  The Mac port, which used to
> support text shaping only for left-to-right, now also supports for
> right-to-left:

Hi, does anyone know if this bug was resolved? I assume if it worked in
the Mac port it will now work in the NS port?

Thanks!
-- 
Alan Third