Subject: bug#11070: 24.0.94; Large stippled images not displayed consistently

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:33:54 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Then some redisplay optimization is at work here.  If your build was
> configured with --enable-checking=glyphs, does the problem go away if
> you set _all_ of the following variable non-nil?
>
>   inhibit-try-cursor-movement
>   inhibit-try-window-id
>   inhibit-try-window-reusing

No, that doesn't change anything.

But I now see more clearly what's not being updated -- it copies all the
bits in the background on the line that's being moved.

Here's the display first:

Then I hit RET before the first line.  The entire line moves down,
background stipples and all:

And again:

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no