Subject: bug#1107: #1107 - 23.0.60; Emacs --daemon crashes when emacsclient tries to establish a connection on OS X - Emacs bug report logs

From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:20:53 -0800 (PST)

Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> writes:

  > I just tried to replicate this locally and failed.  No crash.
  > However, it also doesn't work -- emacsclient just always says "can't
  > find socket; have you started the server?".
  > 
  > This is new.  Emacsclient always worked before, up to and including
  > multi-tty.  Could something in the new daemon support have affected
  > this?  Was there anything in particular that changed as far as how the
  > client and server communicate?
  > 
  > gnuserv, which I use, still works.

Can you please clarify, if you are doing 

emacs --daemon

then you can connect with gnuclient, but cannot with emacsclient?

Does that the same happen if you use

emacs -Q --daemon

?