Subject: Re: bug#11068: 24.0.94; Face-remapped background does not extend to end of window

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:12:03 +0200

> Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:42:09 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, 
>  Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked]
> 
> There's just one detail missing: A number of people asked for
> highlighting _only_ the selected window and if a buffer appears in more
> than one window the present mechanism won't help in this regard.  So
> couldn't we have the mechanism also respect a window parameter
> specifying some face as default window face with higher priority than
> the face specified for the buffer?

I don't know, I would need to see some details, like how will this
preference be visible to the display engine.

Please note that the changes I've shown only notice when the `default'
face is being remapped, they change nothing in how that default face
is computed.  So I suspect we won't be able to use the same mechanism
to do what you want, because what you want changes the way the default
face is computed (IIUC).