Subject: bug#11065: closed (Re: bug#11065: 24.0.94; Problem with tramp & plink)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#11065: 24.0.94; Problem with tramp & plink

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
11065: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11065
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#11065: 24.0.94; Problem with tramp & plink
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:41:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> This seems to work for me.  So this bug report can be closed.

Done.

> Thanks!

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 24.0.94; Problem with tramp & plink
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:54:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm trying to use Emacs to edit remote file at work, but I'm having trouble.

This is my setup:
* OS: Windows XP SP3.
* GNU Emacs 24.0.94 (almost latest trunk).
* Putty 0.62 installed, with its related utilities (pscp, plink, psftp).

>From a cmd.exe console, I can login to a remote host using the command
"plink my_host" and giving my credentials.  However, the remote host
returns strange characters just before the the prompt text:

  [Copyright messages and stuff...]

  You have mail.
          ←H        ←H        ←H        ←H        ←H        ←H
←H        ←H
  [/home/my_user]

Now, from emacs (-Q), if I do:
  (cd "/plink:my_user@my_host:~/")

Emacs ask me the password and after I provide it, hangs (I can cancel
the operation with several `C-g').

Looking at the *tramp/plink my_user@my_host* buffer (attached to this
email), I see that the login has been successful, but Emacs somehow is
not aware of that (probably because of the above-mentioned strange
characters).

So, I'd like to know if I can do something to make Emacs work in this
case, or Emacs can be adapted instead.

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-03-19 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo